- Right To Cancel
- Discount Codes
- Display Of Goods On Our Website
- Payment & Price
- Your Order
- Acceptance & Unavailability
- Risk & Ownership
- Statutory Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Your Content On The Site
- Availability Of Our Site
- Guidance On Our Site
- Third Party Websites
- "Act Of God"
- English Law
- Price Match
1. This website is owned and operated by Carsio Ltd. We are registered in the UK (technically “England & Wales”) under number 09122209. Our registered office and trading address is Radioworld, Progress House, 99 Bradford Road, LS28 6AT. Our VAT number is 930860135.
2. These terms and conditions apply when you buy any goods via this site or otherwise use this site. Please print or save these terms for future use as we will not keep a file copy specifically for the transaction with you and we cannot guarantee that they will remain accessible on our website in future.
3. You are not eligible to buy any goods via this site if
1. You are below the legal age to form a binding contract with us (unless you have the consent of your parent / guardian); or
2. It is unlawful for you to buy or use the goods in, or import them into, your country.
4. We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Please check them carefully as they will apply to any new purchases made after the effective date shown above.
Right To Cancel
1. Note that this section of our terms and conditions (right to cancel) does not apply to goods to which the right of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations does not apply including goods which by their nature cannot be returned (including where they are not in the same physical state as they were when supplied) or which are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised.
2. If you are a Consumer located within the European Union, you have the right (ending 7 working days following the day after delivery of goods) to cancel the contract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the other methods specified in the Distance Selling Regulations in which case we will refund the price paid for the goods plus delivery charges attributable to the cancelled item. You are required to take reasonable care of items.
3. If you cancel, you must return the goods (including all component parts) at your expense to the address shown on our “contact us” page. We will charge you the direct costs of recovery if you do not comply or if you return them at our expense. We request that when returning goods:
1. You use recorded delivery and retain proof of posting;
2. You use any returns form which we may make available on our website or alternatively you include a note explaining the reason for your return as well as the order number and your name, address and a contact phone number; and
3. You carefully package the goods – in the original packaging.
1. We may offer discount codes from time to time. Such codes may only be applied to purchases made through the account in respect of which the discount code was offered and registered. Unless otherwise stated codes are only available for future new orders placed online, and can only be redeemed once per customer. Also you cannot use more than one discount code per transaction unless we state otherwise; if we do so, the order in which the codes are to be applied is in our sole discretion.
2. All discount codes refer to the price excluding delivery charges. We reserve the right to discontinue or otherwise modify any discount codes at any time without prior notice.
Display Of Goods On Our Website
1. We will take reasonable care to ensure that representations and descriptions of goods appearing on our website are correct. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the appearance / colour / texture / finish of our goods. However, what you see will depend on your monitor and computer equipment and so you acknowledge and accept that there may be minor differences between the actual goods and the way that they appear on the screen. For example, the colour tone may differ.
Payment & Price
1. The price for the goods you order is as stated on our site at the time you send us your order. VAT or sales tax is included unless we say otherwise.
2. If we have mis-priced any item by mistake, we are not obliged to supply the item at that price provided we notify you before we despatch it. If we do notify you, then you can decide if you want to order the item at the correct price but, if you don’t, we will provide a full refund of any payments already made.
3. Payment is in advance by the means stated on our website. Dispatch of the goods is subject to our receipt of full payment in cleared funds.
4. You must contact us immediately with full details if you dispute any payment.
5. If any amount due to us is unpaid, or unjustifiably charged back, we may charge you:
1. A reasonable additional administration fee;
2. The amount of any third party charges imposed on us; and/or
3. Interest (both before and after judgment) on the amount unpaid at the rate for the time being that would be applicable if the debt were a qualifying debt under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
We may also cancel this agreement on written notice (including email).
1. Your order is an offer to buy from us. A binding legal contract is formed when we accept your offer as stated below.
2. You must ensure that your order and any other information you supply to us is correct and you must promptly update us if there are any changes.
Acceptance & Unavailability
1. There will be no binding contract of any kind between you and us unless and until we accept your offer by emailing you to confirm that we have despatched the goods to you. Until then we may decline to supply the goods to you without giving any reason. Nothing else that we do or say will amount to acceptance of your offer. If any goods are unavailable, we will notify you of the unavailability as soon as possible and will arrange for a full refund if you have been charged.
1. Delivery will be to the address which you specify when ordering. We may deliver different parts of your order on different dates.
2. Delivery costs are charged extra at the rate shown on our site when you place your order. These will depend on the delivery method chosen. NB The delivery charges do not include customs or import duties which may be applied to your order by the relevant authorities. It is your separate responsibility to pay for these.
3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to arrange delivery within the time specified on our website or, if none, a reasonable period. We have no liability for any losses arising from delay in delivery to the extent that this is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
4. If you receive notification of an unsuccessful attempted delivery, it is your responsibility to use the details provided to contact the delivery company to arrange re-delivery. If you do not, or if you are not available to receive the attempted re-delivery, then we are entitled to impose a reasonable administration charge. If nobody is available to receive the goods, we reserve the right to leave them at the doorstep, hall or reception as available.
Risk & Ownership
1. Risk of damage or loss to the goods passes to you on delivery or if you wrongfully refuse delivery when delivery is attempted.
2. You become owner of the goods after the later of delivery of the goods and payment of the price plus delivery charges. Until that happens, you hold the goods on our behalf.
1. Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
2. You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
3. We are not responsible for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
1. There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
2. Such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties;
3. Such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
4. Such loss or damage relates to a business.
4. You will be responsible to us for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement (subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses).
1. By law, customers in the European Union also have the right to cancel the purchase of an item within 14 days beginning from the day you receive, or a third party indicated by you (other than the carrier) receives, the last good ordered by you (if delivered separately). This applies to all of our products.
2. To cancel your purchase within the 14 day cooling-off period, you can visit our Refunds & Returns or contact us giving the reason for the return as "I just don't want it anymore". Please package the relevant item securely and send it to us within 30 days following the date that the item was delivered to you.
3. Please note that we can't accept returns delivered by hand.
4. For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service if the value of the return is more than £50.00.
5. Please note that you'll be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is damaged or defective.
6. As soon as we receive notice of your cancellation of this order, we'll refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the item's standard postage charge, corresponding to the least expensive type of delivery offered by us. We can't refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. All trademarks, logos, content (including our website’s structure and layout), graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text and software used on this site are our intellectual property or that of our partners or suppliers. For the purposes of your personal use only, you may view such material on your screen and print a single copy. You may not otherwise use, sublicense, retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, distribute, download, hire, reverse engineer (unless permitted by applicable law) or create extracts of, or derivative works from, such material without our specific prior written consent.
1. You acknowledge and agree that we may process your personal data in accordance with the terms of our privacy and cookies policy.
Your Content On The Site
1. If we allow you to upload any content to this website, you must ensure that such information is accurate, not misleading, that it complies with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct and that it does not infringe any third party intellectual property or other rights. Also, your content must not be defamatory, offensive, vulgar, racist, obscene, abusive, threatening, harassing, invasive of another’s privacy or similarly inappropriate.
2. If you post a review, rating or comment (“Review”) you promise that you have no personal or business relationship with the entity, product or service being reviewed, that you have not been offered any incentive on behalf of the entity being reviewed to write the Review, that you are not a competitor of the entity concerned and that the Review is your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
3. We reserve the right without notice or refund to suspend, alter, remove or delete any content or to disclose to the relevant authorities any such content if it is the subject of complaint or where we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority. If so, you must not attempt to re-publish or re-send the relevant content.
1. If we enable you to create an account on our site, you acknowledge that this is for your personal use only and is non-transferable. You must not authorise or permit any other person to use your account. You must take reasonable care to protect and keep confidential your password and other account or identity information. You must notify us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss, theft, misuse or unauthorised disclosure or use of a password. In such case you should also immediately amend your password via our Service. You are responsible for third parties who use your account or identity (unless and to the extent that we are at fault).
Availability Of Our Site
1. We cannot guarantee that our site will be uninterrupted or error-free. We are entitled without notice and without liability to suspend the site for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason.
Guidance On Our Site
1. Any guidance or similar information which we ourselves make available on our service is intended as very general information but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate or up to date and we do not accept legal responsibility for it. Before acting on such information, you must make your own appropriate and careful enquiries including as to its accuracy and suitability for your purposes. You rely on such information at your own risk.
Third Party Websites
1. We may link to third party websites which may be of interest to you. We do not recommend or endorse, nor are we legally responsible for, those sites or the goods or services which they offer. You use such third party sites at your own risk.
Act Of God
1. We are not liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures.
1. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom.
1. We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the most recent email address you have supplied to us (unless otherwise stated in this agreement). Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. Any failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement does not mean this is a “waiver” (ie that it cannot be enforced later). If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which as far as possible achieves the same thing and the rest of the agreement shall continue to apply. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement except insofar as expressly stated otherwise.
1. If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown on our website or write to our address shown at the start of these terms and conditions.
We want to make sure you get the best deal - That's why we offer Price Match
To ensure you get the best possible deal, we monitor the prices of our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you happen to find a price cheaper - we'll match it.
Simply take a screenshot of the competitor's online price and send it to: email@example.com - you must also include a valid URL link to the page where the item is for sale.
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitor's price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match only within 1 day of receipt of purchase of before purchase
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free